Friday, January 1, 2010

I love you 2009 but I'm not in love with you

Wow where does the time go? Sounds cliche but it's so true. It always takes major events for you to look back and put your life in prospective, which may or may not always be a good thing. For me as rough as I think I may have it sometimes it could be worse, way worse. I have my health, good friends, and a supportive family, there is not too much more in life that could be more important. One of the things I'm most thankful 2009 gave me was the ability to travel. Going to India and driving cross county are mile stones in my life that will never be forgotten. The people I met and the experiences I had made me realize what's worth valuing in life. For me it made me realize that what I consider to be successful in life has nothing to do with money. For me it's having an experience and stories that make life what it is, and by traveling you are opening yourself up to more of an experience than you would be just sitting at home. So I guess what I'm saying is GET OUT THERE! Do what ever it takes to see the world, where there is a will there is a way. Also do it now while your young and have the energy and no 'real' responsibilities. You grow so much as a person by trowing caution to the wind and letting the roller-coaster that is life take you where it wants. So get out there and see the world! Manifest your dreams! And remember that everything happens for a reason!

So on to Montreal. . .Oh side note: I forgot to include this in the last blog but yesterday Nate locked his keys into his locker ask him about it, it's pretty funny. After another very eventful night we dragged ourselves out of bed to try to make the 10am continental breakfast, its always rough. We then ventured over to this Vietnamese restaurant we saw the other day. I had spicy Pho, I have never had Pho before but I loved it. It's like soup on steroids, it comes in a huge bowl with big thick vegetables and a meat, not to mention the Pho noodles. Upon finishing lunch we drove around a little bit and made our way to Crescent street where the club we had booked our night at was. Practically all the night clubs are on this one street and from the outside you would think no way is this a night club it looks too small, but man do they open up. Also right by Crescent is more stuff on St. Catherine, so we walked around and made our way to their under ground mall. This thing is huge, you go down a little bit like you heading to a subway then bam! it opens up to this huge mall. So we made our way around there for a little bit then headed back. I also had a first for me, I got offered weed, pills, and X but the guy had a card! A drug dealer with a business card, and he also delivered! what a guy. Once we get back we notice we have new roommates. They are boring and not cool, so we ignore. We then walk around for probably a good hour trying to find dinner, seems a lot of places are closed on new years eve, who would have thought. We make our way into this Thai restaurant and celebrate an end to a good year. Now it's time to rage. We go all out, geled hair, spray tan, muscle milk, push ups, man liner, were fucking ready to fist pump our way into 2010. We consume some adult beverages and catch the metro over to Crescent where the club we booked our night at was. We wait a little bit in line, but not too bad, enjoy the pleasure of bar tenders grilling girls IDs, poor girl didn't know the area code for the town she was 'from'. We check our coats and head straight for the bar. Ultra Light is pretty official when it comes to night clubs, its 2 floors, 5 bars, vip lounges, the whole nine yards. Clubs like this usually aren't my scene but hey it's new years. The music started out with hip-hop but quickly changed to the years biggest fist pumping anthems. By now the place is slammed so we make our way onto the dance floor to make asses of ourselves. Several gin and tonics later and many hours of house music later, its time to go :(. We go to coat check to pick up our coats, oh ok nate got his coat alright mac your up, mac your up, mac where is your fucking ticket for coat check. In all my new years rage i had lost my ticket for my coat. So now we have to wait until the club closes so I can describe how my coat looks. Luckily several descriptions later I get my coat, yay. Now were out side, its cold, and snowing, and every taxi is full, EVERY TAXI. So what else can we do, we start walking. About 20 minutes into our battle with the tundra we find a taxi, these things are worth their weight in cold tonight. So we try to find the after party but every where is closing at 3, so were shit out of luck. We return to our hostel and get some well deserved sleep. Tomorrow is the dawn of a new decade. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment